Tools Required :-
- Android Kitchen Official Thread
- Cygwin Link-Linux Terminal on Windows
- Notepad++-For editing .xml files
- 7-Zip-Handy tool
- Java JDK Download Link-For Installing Cygwin
- Installing the JAVA JDK, Cygwin and Setting up the Kitchen.
- Download and extract the cygwin_packages.zip
- when it shows all the package names, go to the top and select “all default” until it changes to “all install” (you must click on the arrows)
- Download the kitchen from above. Then, extract the kitchen’s .zip file to a folder under your home account. Rename the dsixda-android-kitchen-*** folder to just “kitchen”. In Cygwin, this folder would depend on what was set for your Cygwin install directory, e.g. C:cygwinhomeJohnkitchen
- NOTE!! If your user folder contains spaces (e.g. C:cygwinhomeJohn Smithkitchen), then the kitchen will not function properly. Instead, copy it under C:cygwinhomekitchen.
- Now your ready to run the kitchen type:
those who have their kitchen like this C:cygwinhomeJohnkitchen use these commands given below
cd kitchen(enter) ./menu(enter)
cygwin folder/home/your user name/kitchen
run the cygwin.exe again type:
cd kitchen(enter) ./menu(enter)
you will be asked about changing the working folders name, at this point it makes no difference so just continue.
congratulations you have a working folder!!!
IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS
cygwin folder/home/your user name/kitchen/WORKING_(your rom name)
1. META-INF FOLDER – GET THIS FROM DOWNLOAD FILES LIST IN FIRST POST
2. SYSTEM FOLDER – TUTORIAL BELOW
3. BOOT.IMG – TUTORIAL BELOW
2. getting system folder
(NOTE – Rooted phone required!!)
This is universal method and can be done easily using terminal emulator.
For this simply download Terminal Emulator from Android Market.
we need freshly flashed device here. OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE LOT OF JUNK FILES.
Open it and type:
su tar -c system/* >> sdcard/system.tar
This will take some time to finish so be patient.
After it’s done you should have a tar file in your /sdcard named system.tar
You can extract it using Winrar or 7zip software. But yes this will have huge size , as it has other useless folders so you will have to delete them. After extracting this system.tar file you will get following folders (Similar one)
-> Now simply delete the folders marked in red color and its done.Don’t worry if you don’t have folders with red colors above,we don’t need them.
And the final files that we will have in our system folders will be
Here we have 2 options
1. stock boot.img from stock rom – simple kernel which we get in brand new mobile.
2. custom boot.img from custom kernel – kernel which are modified for overclock or other features
1. getting stock boot.img from stock rom.
extract your stock rom with winrar or 7zip. you will see boot.img there. copy it to working folder
2. getting custom boot.img from custom kernel.
download any custom kernel which is only for your device.
extract it with winrar or 7zip and copy boot.img to working folder
NOTE: many of new devices have kernel.bin and other files instead of boot.img so skip this part if your device don’t have it.
Check this Guide for some MODs like center clock,CRT animation, ics and jelly bean style mods etc…
1. Go to the working folder where you extracted your rom, inside you will find:
3. Copy, replace, and change any app(apk) be carefull if you dont know what the apk is do not delete!!
LIST OF APPS YOU CAN DELETE – HERE OR HERE
If you can not find some apps in this guide then try opening all those app in your phone and see app name and icon or move those apps from system/app to sdcard and see what is not working…
[*]Adding new boot animation
android kitchen doesn’t works for my Karbonn A5 . So we need a different method.
1) Download and extract the bootanimation and samsungani file from Custom Booting.zip attached in first post.
2) Put them in the /system/bin folder and replace the existing files there
3) Now download any boot animation, and rename the bootanimation to “sanim.zip”.
4) Now, navigate to /system/media and replace the “ODEanim” with “sanim.zip”
You are done with the bootanimation change
[*]Edit the gps script for your country/location
1. In the workingfolder/system/etc/ you will find a file named gps.conf, you can
edit this file with notepad++ or even word.
2. using the right gps script in this file can speed up gps lock, you can
find some from angeldeath, download extract and replace the gps.conf.
- Take your ringtone file…it should be in .ogg format..If not then convert it to .ogg..
- Locate to the folder system>media>audio>ringtones>
- Copy and paste your .ogg files here in ringtones folder..
- You can also change notifications, alarm and UI tones like this..
[*]Changing the Fonts :
- Take your desired font.ttf file and rename it as DroidSans.ttf..
- Locate to the folder system>fonts>
- Now, replace the file DroidSans.ttf with your desired DoridSans.ttf…
- To change the lock screen clock font…replace the Clocktopia.ttf with your desired one..(rename first)..
Via UOT Kitchen
All things needed theming thread by theimpaler747
Theming .apk byAndrewtst
How to make “basic” theming mods + .9.png tutorial by dully79
Cooking with UOT Kitchen by Apex
[GUIDE]Theming Guide for changing system text settings(Recommended)
[TUTORIAL][ICS][GB]How to change Android’s black background(By me)(recommeded)
[Tutorial]-ICS-AOKP/CM9-UPDATED-Miscellaneous MODS[Nav bar,Notification header etc](most recommeded)
download mods and scripts from links below and copy past all files in same folder as your rom… like for init.d scripts add them to system/etc/init.d/here and all permissions in updater script to your updater script…(dont forget to give them credit for it…)
- Tweaks :-
- [TweakZV6] Init.d best tweaks[Flashable] Increase your performance by [email protected]
- Collection build.prop; init.d; etc. by optik19918
- init.d Tweaks collection by dsexton702
- [SCRIPTS][TWEAKS][CWM]SlaidyBoost-V2.3 by slaid480
- [CWM][SCRIPTS][TWEAKS] Adrenaline™ Engine by ImbaWind
- V6 SuperCharger by zeppelinrox
- [SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT by croniccorey
- Maximum MultiTasking Mods + V6 SuperCharger BY zeppelinrox
- All in one tweaks build.prop,init.d,Wifi,Xloud,Bravia,A-Gps,A/V Sync,Modules by XtremePeople
- Xloud and Bravia engine by aiman112
- Sound/Audio MODs :-
- AwesomeBEATS™ v.3 by …Awesome…
- (MOD)Beats Audio(2.3+up) by RockoDev
- Tuned MegaBassBeat by kurotsugi
- [AROMA] Beats Mode – Enhanced Beats sound V7.5 by MemAllocatoR
- Miscellaneous Tweaks
- Interactive Phone Modification [GUIDE]
- ICS Style ‘Settings.apk’ – Make it yourself by balamu96m
- StatusBar Tweaks by Master&Slave™
- Change lockrings on any rom by daveyannihilation
- change ICS lockscreen animation to Honeycomb style by evilisto
- S Voice for any devices [ICS] by PlaYOuT
- Implement Swipe to Remove Notification by hansip87
- Remove SMS log from Call log by wilfredcool007
- Activate the rotation of the lockscreen by GalaxyUser
- Add 6 lockscreens Mod + Lockscreen Gestures by pratyush.creed
- How to add customizable 14 statusbar toggle buttons for samsung ROM by lidroid
- Create a custom notification dropdown by jeffsanace
One Click odexing for better RAM Speed
these are few i love, find more yourself…
- AFTER YOU HAVE DONE ALL CHANGE/MODIFICATION YOU WANTED OPEN CYGWIN AGAIN AND TYPE
now convert update script to updater script(in option 23)
- now lets edit updater script(optional)
the updater-script basically tells CWM what steps to take during the installation(flashing rom).
If you don’t have any experience please don’t edit anything other than what is in this simple tutorial.
TO EDIT UPDATER SCRIPT –
1.Go to META-INF/com/google/android
2.Open the updater-scrip file with Notepad++
3.Any text that would appear during the CWM install should be in this format :Code:
ui_print("Put your text in HERE");
Add your text start at top and save,
then replace with new updater-scrip
- Add New Aroma Installer to your ROM Link to Guide (By Me only)
AND AT LAST
- Now that you have made some changes it’s time to pack the rom and test!!
- Run the cygwin and type
- enter option 99 – “biuld rom from working folder”
- Choose your build option and few more enters
I recommend that you go with all default options until you get more experience with the kitchen.
- When rom is packed and signed it will ask to change rom zip name (type name of your rom)
- When its all done you will find a folder inside “cygwin/home/yousername/kitchen” called output_zip
- Inside the folder is your new rom ready to be flashed and tested!!!
- dsixda for his awesome kitchen. Please Hit Thanks button for him.
- inspired by isidromxz’s thread.
- Please kindly remind me if i have forgotten to write any name in thanks section, i have collected all things from many many sources and with modification.
- Congratulations you have build your own rom